CHOOSING THE RIGHT FABRIC
- Make sure to select a washable fabric.
- Look for the Rowe Washable logo to find fabrics that have been pre-washed and pre-shrunk to ensure a good fit for many washings.
- Non-Washable Rowe fabrics must be dry cleaned otherwise they may be damaged and or not fit after washing.
HOW TO REMOVE, SORT AND PREPARE YOUR SLIPCOVER BEFORE WASHING
- Remove all Slipcover parts from the base, cushions, and pillows.
- Always wash the entire slipcover to avoid color variation.
- Do not overload your washer. Separate the slipcover into two loads, washing the body cover in the first load and the cushion covers in the second load. Wash your toss pillows covers in a separate load if they are in a different fabric than the rest of your slipcover.
- Zip the zippers closed on pillows and cushion covers to prevent damage when washing.
HOW TO PROPERLY WASH YOUR SLIPCOVER
- First, run an empty wash cycle to ensure your machine is free from detergents, bleach or other impurities that may spot or stain your slipcover.
- Use MILD DETERGENT, COLD WATER and the GENTLE CYCLE setting. Avoid using a detergent with bleach or a bleach additive. We recommend Woolite.
- Remove the slipcover from the wash immediately at the end of the cycle.
HOW TO PROPERLY DRY YOUR SLIPCOVER
- While air-drying is preferred, you may use the dryer on the NO HEAT setting until slightly damp.
HOW TO REAPPLY THE BODY OF YOUR SLIPCOVER AFTER WASHING
- Make sure to reapply your slipcover while slightly damp to ensure it dries to fit and has less wrinkles.
- Do not worry if you need to stretch the fabric a little to get it back on.
- Turn slip cover right-side out and locate the corners.
- While holding the outside edge of a back corner to align with the frame, slide with cover halfway down the frame.
- Once all the edges and corners match, continue sliding the slipcover down while pinching the seams into place.
- Repeat with each corner.
- Smooth edges until pressed and clean.
- Adjust the front skirt height by tucking fabric evenly along underside of the cushion.
- Tuck excess fabric into back channel and along arms.
NOW ONTO THE CUSHIONS
- Covers for the seat, back cushions, and toss pillows should also be reapplied slightly damp.
- Line up the corners of the cover and slide one side completely down.
- Keep the seams even while sliding the other side down.
- Run hand along each side to ensure the corners edges are full.
- Zip the cushion cover, and fluff the cushion as needed.
- Repeat for each cushion.
- Stand the cushions on end, rotating them every 20 to 30 minutes until dry to prevent possible color transfer or water stains.